Friday, July 24, 2009

Please, Mr. Wizard, I Don't Want To Be A WarriorMom Anymore!

From a great day to the depths, keeps us on our knees. Got a call from a choked up 21 year-old warrior today, that his dear friend and brother-in-arms was killed in Afghanistan yesterday. Most of the guys who were all together in Iraq last year were at an event in New York honoring a brother who was killed saving their lives last year. My warrior is in a different platoon now, different training, and was left behind and heard the news alone. Now my warrior is just my little guy who needs a hug and a kiss and a cookie to make it better, if it were only that easy. How do you help him deal with survivor guilt? How do you comfort a mom and dad who are going through an unthinkable ordeal?

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. I don't even know what to say but I will certainly join you in prayer & I posted a song at my end that came right to mind.

    Your son is blessed to have a prayer warrior like you! Hugs & prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRAYERS for ALL of you, from Courtney and Justin (my husband) in Charlotte, NC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warrior Mom--thanks for stopping by my place.
    I am so sorry to stop by here for the first time, and read this incredibly sad news.
    And it grieves me even more since we went through this 30-40 years ago in Vietnam. I lost friends there.
    Prayers for you, your family and your son--and his friend's family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( I am always here with tissues and M&M's

    ReplyDelete