Friday, October 14, 2011

Flashback Friday

Going through a box of slides at my parents' home, I discovered this!  I had only ever seen black and white snap shots, and most from my toddler years.  This was such a delight to come across....although, why did my mom put me in blue??
This is from my 10th birthday.  My oldest brother was married that summer. While we were in Pennsylvania for the wedding, a hurricane blew up the coast, picked up our above-ground pool and left it in a mangled heap quite a distance from where it belonged.  The spot where the pool had been became our fire-pit, so a perfect place for a brisk October night birthday.  My birthday cake was always  a "3-Holer" chocolate cake baked in a tube pan and frosted with chocolate peanut-butter frosting.  This one had jack-o'lantern peeps, licorice sticks and a small, plastic pumpkin filled with a few candy treats.  Quite a treat!  
I don't know how my mother made that frosting.  I have tried unsuccessfully for years!  I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I'm going to be......(gulp)......f-f-f-f-f-............yup, can't quite say it.  I know, it's only a number.



1 comment:

  1. What treasures!! Precious treasures :) Priceless!

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete