Thursday, December 17, 2009

Poetry For A Winter's Day

I've been feeling terribly disconnected lately ~ my computer fell prey to a miserable virus. An overnight stay at the computer doc's turned into a week! So, in honor of winter and winter cold and colds and flus and viruses, I thought I'd share this little treasure found in a collection of winter poems:
THE GERM

A mighty creature is the germ,
Though smaller than a pachyderm.
His customary dwelling place
Is deep within the human race.
His childish pride he often pleases
By giving people strange diseases.
Do you, my poppet, feel infirm?
You probably contain a germ.

~Ogden Nash

3 comments:

  1. NO germs allowed at my space..no no..surgery needs a healthy body. Good poem says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to join in the party! - Thanks for stopping in. Did you see that birdhouse Advent calendar over at Lupine's?...When I saw that you came right to mind :)

    ReplyDelete