Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Merry Christmas!


A special blend of new and old traditions.  For years we gathered at my brother's home after the Christmas Eve candlelight service at church, a change from years at my mom's once my brother became our Pastor and lived next door to the church!  It's been a year of good-byes, first my brother moving, then my Dad passing away in November and my Mom in June.  I didn't think we were going to do any big gathering but the babyMomma looked quite unhappy at the idea....so my heart melted and I opened my home.  BabyMomma made a festive and adorable birthday cake to celebrate and remember her Christmas Eve baby, Charlie, who left us at the age of 2 + in 2014.  So, on what would have been his 5th birthday we got to light some candles and sing with family and had the joy of watching two 2nd cousins and his little sister blow out candles.

Grateful for this precious gift who has helped us refocus and find JOY through all the goodbyes.

3 comments:

  1. Children have a way of bringing back the joy.I'm glad you were able to celebrate despite all the losses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our loved ones who passed always always in our hearts. Grief takes time . Little ones
    Do fill the emptiness with their light of joy! Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete