Friday, January 20, 2012

Flashback Friday

Where are my sister's mittens???  And how come I always had to be up front?  This was a train - two sleds held together - and on the dead end/driveway in front of our house.  Not as dangerous as the toboggan which held all of us.  My spot was in the front wedged between my brother's legs and the scoop front of the toboggan.  My eyes were usually shut tight while we screamed downhill, inevitably hitting a bump or the boys would dig their feet in for brakes and send us flying.  Often I was still wedged in the front of the tipped over toboggan with my face sliding through the snow....or ice.   My mother was not too happy on more than one occasion when my oldest brother would bring me home a bit bloody.  I'm sure the older two wished they could have left me home a few times, but I'm grateful they took me along, injuries and all.

4 comments:

  1. Jingle all the way ... Oh what fuuunnn it is to ride in a 5 person (AND 1 dog!) double sled train! :)

    Fun memories :) ...well all but the sliding face first part. ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness ~ this reminds me so much of my childhood ~ sleds and tobboggans loaded down with siblings, cousins and neighbors ~ great memories
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may not always have been perfect but the memories are still good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun. I was the oldest of three... so had the big brother perspective. :)

    ReplyDelete