Thursday, December 22, 2011

An Almost Wordless Wednesday...on Thursday

  Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening  Beautiful illustrations!  Not on my bookshelf yet, but I think it will be soon.

Some glimpses of our home.  


My elf made snowflakes and hung them from the doorways.  She also made gingerbread people with our names and hung them.  This is something she remembers from Christmas parties that my sister's mother-in-law always had.  We did not go every year, but apparently my daughter had very fond memories of getting a gingerbread person with her name on it.  It is so very neat sharing my home with my adult daughter and her young family, to see traditions passed along as well as combined and created.


Tonight Grampa and Grammy did the bedtime routine while babyMomma is in Boston awaiting the arrival of her baby boy.  It is hard to fathom that he will be here before Christmas.  It is strange to know his diagnosis ahead of time.  I can't wait to meet him face to face.  

2 comments:

  1. Your home looks lovely and warm. I wish you God's blessings during this Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All is calm, all is bright...at least from the looks of things here. Hope you are enjoying some of that in your heart & spirit too.

    And that bedtime story pic....so tender & mild.

    I hope Santa brings you that book. It looks lovely.

    How on earth has your elf managed to do all of that with all she's had on her to do list...which, among many other things, includes having a baby! ... Mb that is how the nesting instinct manifests itself this time of year?? :)

    hugs & prayers.

    (P.S. I might have accidently submitted this comment already...it was there one minute & gone the next! ... sorry for any confusion if that's the case.)

    ReplyDelete