Saturday, June 4, 2011

Views From the Water ~ Friday


These ferns are almost as tall as I am!  The tallest came up to my shoulder.  They are right near the edge of the swamp.
One gosling.  It was so neat to watch this family maneuver across the swamp, with baby safely in between.


I couldn't get a good enough look at this busy bird to identify it.  It was flying back and forth, looked like it was making the nest ~ bringing white downy material and molding it in with its chest.  I think this picture is a tail shot as it was stuffing the material down in before molding it with its body.

I apologize for the terrible picture quality ~ a blue bird pair was very busy feeding babies, apparently.  It was nonstop action for the hour I perched on my log.  This is the male at the entrance to the nest.  Unfortunately, I could not see in but I could see mom and dad as they flew out and skimmed the surface of the pond for tasty bugs.

2 comments:

  1. THose ferns must be beautiful.I can imagine that sitting and watching the activities of nature must have been so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whata great shot of the nesting bird!! And that family of geese ... so sweet!

    ReplyDelete