Saturday, May 1, 2010

Nursery Hopeful

I ventured down to the swamp this week....a very cool and damp Tuesday....
The goose nest is occupied. 





Two Great Blue Heron nests both in the right half of the picture.

The newest Heron nest.



If you click on this picture, you may catch some male mallards having a dispute behind the reeds.  They were very far away and very agitated.  I think the others swam out of the frame but there is one male with wings spread.

There were plenty of Tree Swallows and Red-Winged Blackbirds, Black-Capped Chickadees that were close enough to touch....but I resisted or I'd have fallen off my log.  There was also a Blue Bird pair, but the lighting was so poor you have to take my word for it so I won't bother to include their picture.  The next day we had light snow and now we are mid-seventies with tomorrow threatening to be near 90!  

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you resisted touching them don't need you losing another camera! I like the Heron in the nest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun...kinda like the "I Spy" books where you have to look really close to find what you're looking for :) Great pic of the Heron nest!

    ReplyDelete