Monday, March 15, 2010

Provisions

My God provides...in so many ways, and over and over again.

Through this time of deployment, I thought I would take a light-hearted look at the things that seem to fall apart and play "Deployment Bingo." The premise is that you (1) play with other spouses, and (2) that you have prepared a bingo card in advance of things that can happen negatively during deployment (things not people) and the first to make bingo wins something like some much needed pampering. Well, I'm not playing with anybody, but I've just humorously started keeping track. Before my main Warrior had left the country, the washing machine broke, the snow blower - in the midst of a heavy, wet snowfall, and then the pump to our well! These have all been minor set-backs and inconveniences, but nothing that couldn't be fixed. One evening with a group of people, I mentioned the pump and having no water for 24 hours. Someone I don't even know well said "Everyone's got problems." I was taken aback!...but not offended. It was a reminder I needed, to take my eyes off me.

A day or two later, I happened to read a quote on someone's blog or facebook page: "Count your blessings, not your problems."

ok.....two times...am I listening??

Our choir anthem this Sunday was the third gentle and loving reminder. "Through His love the Lord provided a place for us to rest; A place to find the answer in the hour of distress; Now there's never any reason for you to give up in despair; Just slip away and breathe His name, for He will surely meet you there. In the presence of Jehovah, God Almighty, Prince of Peace; Troubles vanish, hearts are mended in the presence of the King."

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to yours for serving on our behalf. My husband and son also served. Prayers for them and you as well from another "prayer warrior" and remember, when you things look down ~ look up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how gently God is speaking to you during this difficult time... in a passing comment, a quote on a blog & thru' the church choir's lovely music that delivers their beautiful/comforting words right to the soul. Stay tuned to Him :)

    ReplyDelete